Vacancies for Post of Office Management Assistant
Applications are invited from qualified officers who wish to be considered for appointment as Office Management Assistant.
A. By selection from among officers in the grade of Management Support Officer who –
- reckon at least four years’ experience in a substantive capacity in the grade or an aggregate of at least four years’ service in a substantive capacity in the grade of Management Support Officer and the former grades of Officer and/or Clerical Officer/Higher Clerical Officer;
- have a good knowledge of the Dental Council Act and Regulations, Human Resource Management, the Financial and the procedures of the Council to conduct of its business;
- possess good analytical, technical and interpersonal skills;
- have the ability to organise and prioritise workload; and
- are able to work on their own initiative and in teams.
III. DUTIES AND SALARY
- To provide administrative support in general administration, human resource management, finance and procurement and supply.
- To ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of processes and activities performed in small units.
- To assist in the organisation of official functions, induction and training programmes and other activities.
- To provide customer service to the relevant stakeholders and the general public and to respond to inquiries according to established guidelines.
- To manage and ensure safekeeping of official records.
- To supervise the retrieval and disposal of office records within established guidelines.
- To act as secretary to committees and/or bid evaluation committees, as and when required.
- To undertake research in connection with the activities/policies of the Council/Department and submit reports, as and when required.
- To ensure the keeping of proper, complete and up-to-date human resource/financial records.
- To ensure proper and timely submission of accurate returns as requested by the Ministry of Health & Wellness
- To provide assistance in the processing of audit queries related to financial and human resource issues.
- To provide, under supervision, as and when required, advice and information on matters relating to general administration, human resource management, finance and procurement and supply.
- To assist in all administrative processes relating to procurement and supply and warehouse operations.
- To ensure that stock checking programmes are maintained.
- To ensure that office inventory tallies with the supply system records.
- To co-ordinate and supervise the work of subordinate staff.
- To use ICT in the performance of his duties.
- To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from the Office Management Assistant in the roles ascribed to him.
The permanent and pensionable post carries salary in scale Rs 21,950 x 625 – 23,200 x 775 – 32,500 x 925 – 37,125 x 1,225 – 39,575 a month.
IV. MODE OF APPLICATION
- Qualified candidates should submit their application on the Application Form which may be obtained the website dentalcouncil.mu
- Applications should be submitted by registered post.
- Acknowledgment of applications will be made, as far as possible, by e-mail. Candidates are, therefore, advised to submit their e-mail address.
V. CLOSING DATE
Application Forms should reach the Registrar, Dental Council of Mauritius, One way Road Cite Mangalkhan, Floreal not later than 15 00 hours (local time) on Thursday 15th August, 2023. Application Forms received after the specified closing date and time will not be considered.
Dental Council of Mauritius
One Way Road, Cite Magalkhan,